help with LogPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4667] help with LogPlot?
  • From: v3r4 <koffman at students.uiuc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 03:55:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm having a problem.  I have a function, f[x] which I want to do a
LogPlot of, but although it evaluates at individual points, I get an Out
of Memory error when I try to do the LogPlot.  Regular plot works alright.

I put a debugging line in f[x] which prints out the value that is being
evaluated.  When I attempt to use LogPlot, the value printed out by this
is a single "x", explaining why it crashes, since the return value is
non-numerical.  However, I don't know why it would be doing this.  The line in question
is:
	LogPlot[f[x], {x, 10, 232}] which I believe is syntactically correct.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please e-mail

		koffman at students.uiuc.edu

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====