Cauchy P.V. Integrals???

Hi experts,

I would like to see things like the following happen in Mathematica:

In := CauchyPrincipalValueIntegrate [ 1 / (x - xp), {x, -1, 1}]

Out := Log[(1+x)/(1-x)]

I have found a package for numerical evaluation of principal values,
but I wonder if you are familiar with a similar algebraic package.

Thanks in advance

Johannes Schoeoen

"master of research under the event horizon"
(No matter how much work you throw in, nothing ever comes out.)
dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====