Re: bar charts with error bars?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4503] Re: bar charts with error bars?
  • From: mharm at (Mike Harm)
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 02:22:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi.  This is a followup to my previous question (quoted below)

The idea provided by David of combining BarChart with
ErrorListPlot works fine for a single row of bars (thanks David!)
Anyone have any suggestions on what to do
for grouped bar charts, such as what you get with

It's not clear how to use ErrorListPlot here, since there
are multiple bars for each x value.

Any further suggestions would be very welcome.

In article <4shut5$g7n at>, mharm at (Mike Harm) wrote:

> I'm using the Graphics package to do some bar charts.
> I've figured out how to do it, but how does one add
> error bars to the bars, to indicate statistical standard
> error?  Any insights?

Mike Harm
mharm at
Cognitive Science Lab
Univ. of Southern California

   "There's a fine line between participation and mockery"

                                        - Scott Adams, "Dilbert"