Re: Newby: filing graphics in MMA-WIN

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4584] Re: Newby: filing graphics in MMA-WIN
  • From: vvs124 at (Victoria Steblina)
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 05:15:14 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <4tphch$kl3 at> Fokko Jan Dijksterhuis

>I'm using Mathematica for Windows, version 2.1 (i think) and I want to
>file the postscript output to a real postscript file without the trouble
>of copying it to the clipboard and pasting it in another application.

For a unix Front End a PostScript image can be obtained
as follows:

Display["!psfix -epsf > file.eps", mathematica_graphics]. Say,

In[1] :=  graph = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 3 Pi//N}]

In[2] :=  Display["!psfix -epsf > sin.eps", graph]

  Victoria Steblina
  vvs124 at
  Optical Sciences Centre
  Australian National University