Arnold's Cat Map
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5491] Arnold's Cat Map
- From: wilson figueroa <wfigueroa at mosquito.com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 03:16:06 -0500
- Organization: Mosquito Net, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi group, can anyone out there tell me how to generate a color bitmap image using MMA v 3.0. I am trying to take a color image and run it through a 2 x 2 Asinov Automorphism (i.e., a 2 x 2 linear transformation). After n iterations of this matrix, one will see the image split up and then recompile into the original image. I saw a picture of a Cat Map that was read as list of points. How does one do this? Thank you and have a happy and safe holiday to all. Sincerely, Wilson Figueroa wfiguero at mosquito.com