- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5537] InverseFunction problem
- From: Pedro Santos <psantos at sprintmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 01:02:34 -0500
- Organization: Sprint Internet Passport
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Can someone help me with this? Consider the function f[x_]:=x/(1-x), clearly the inverse of this function is F[x_]:=x/(1+x). How do I get a numerical result for F[x] when f[x] is a more complicated function? In the above example F[2.1]=0.677419, but (-1) InverseFunction[f[2.1]]//N= (-1.90909) Am I doing something wrong? I want to make sure I can find a numerical result before I use this for a more complex task. Can someone help? Please reply via e-mail to psantos at sprintmail.com Thanks in advance. pedro santos..