MathLink graphics module available ?

Hello

I want to generate a graphic which I can change after it is displayed. To be
specific I want to do some 2D cellular automata calculations using Mathematica and
display the results of each generation. Using standard Mma commands I have to do
hundreds of pictures if I want the CA for a few hundred generations. That is VERY
memory consuming and I really don't need that. What I like is some kind of
MathLink program which generates a graphic in an extra window and this graphic
changes whenever the calculation for the latest generation is finished and I send
it over to the MathLink program.
Does anyone know if such an add-on is available ??

Many thanks