  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3225] Re: Fitting data with Splines
  • From: fostad at marin.unit.no (Anders Fostad)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 02:58:55 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

How about something like this (I don't have the Mathematica handbook
in front of me, so I can't tell the exact syntax, but it may help you
on the way):

getysplinevalue[spline_List,x_] = Module[{index,y},
					 index=Position[spline,x];
					 y=spline[x];
					]

Well, at least the intrinsic function Position seems to be the key.

Anders Fostad.

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====