SetOptions & Show

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3262] SetOptions & Show
  • From: Roberto Cavaliere <robcav at gauss.crmpa.unisa.it>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 02:16:22 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
my name is Roberto Cavaliere, excuse me for my incorrect English
I have a problem with SetOptions; I want to set the option Axes
for the function Show, but it has not any options in the Options
list.
If I write :

> In[1]:= SetOptions[Show,Axes->True]
> Out[1]:= Axes is not a valid option for Show

but if I write

>In[2]:=  Show[graphic1,graphic2,Axes->True]
>Out[2]:= -Graphic- (a graphic with axes )

all things go right.

If I write :

>In[1]:=  Attributes[Show] = {};
          Options[Show] = {Axes->False}
>Out[1]:= {Axes->False}

>In[2]:=  Show[graphic1,graphic2]
>Out[2]:= -Graphic- (a graphic with axes )

Why SetOptions don't work ?

Why Mathematica do this, and can I set the option Axes in a
definitive way ?

Thanks in advanced.

Roberto Cavaliere

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====