Re: Combinatorics question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg3321] Re: Combinatorics question
  • From: Jorma Virtamo <jorma.virtamo at>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 02:56:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

>Can somenone help me find the following:
>I have a list of 20 numbers, and I would like to list all the
>combinations of these numbers taken 6 at a time.  The Binomial
>function tells me there are 38760, but I would like to actually
>see all of them.
>Thanks in advance for your help.

Use the function KSubsets of the standard package DiscreteMath`Combinatorica`:

  subs = KSubsets[ListOf20Numbers,6];

-- Jorma Virtamo

Jorma Virtamo                      VTT Information Technology
phone: +358 0 456 5612             Telecommunications
fax:   +358 0 455 0115             P.O. Box 1202
email: jorma.virtamo at        FIN-02044 VTT
web:      Finland