[Q] Erfi - what is it?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg3328] [Q] Erfi - what is it?
- From: pherron at sphinx.Stanford.EDU (Michael C. Herron)
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 02:57:23 -0500
- Organization: Graduate School Of Business, Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I used mathematica to solve an integral that I could not myself do analytically. The output contained a function Erfi. What is Erfi? I am familiar with the error function and its complement (Erf and Erfc in mathematica), but I do not understand Erfi. The function does not appear to be in the manuals that I have seen, either. If someone could translate Erfi or provide a reference, I would appreciate it. Thanks. Michael ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====