Re: Chaotic Equation NDSolve....
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg3149] Re: [mg3127] Chaotic Equation NDSolve....
- From: Richard Mercer <richard at seuss.math.wright.edu>
- Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 02:59:59 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> We are a pair of students of chemistry doing some > exercises on chaotic systems. So we are not too keen on > math as a mathematician would be. > > We programmed this system and get this error: > "Differential Equation does not evaluate as a number at > t=1" Tried with different values of t with no success: Since you have not defined the variable f, you are asking Mathematica to numerically solve a systems of diff. equations with an undetermined parameter. This is equivalent to asking for the numerical integral of sin(a x^2) from 0 to 1. You can't do it because there are no numbers to work with until you know what a is! The same problem applies in your case. Choose a value for f and then try it. (I don't have time.) Richard Mercer ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====