Re: Notebook==>>>TeX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3168] Re: Notebook==>>>TeX
  • From: News Owner <news at rigel.rz.uni-ulm.de>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 02:27:31 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
>Subject: Re: Notebok==>>>TeX
>Date: 8 Feb 1996 08:38:48 GMT

>In article <4f962l$dp3 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, estadistica
><ma1estad at uco.es> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>  I woul like to generate a TeX file from a Mathematica *.ma notebook
>> file.
>>
>>      file.ma ====>>>> file.tex
>>
>> Could you inform me if has anyone used the Art Ogawa Notebook-to-TeX
>> mentioned on the preface of Nancy Blachman book ???
>>
>> Has anybody done this, with similar product and could he?she kindly
>> share the experience with suppliers of necesary software ???
>>
>> Gracias a todos,
>>

>I think you mean nb2tex.

>I hope this helps.

>--Ian

>Ian Collier
>Wolfram Research, Inc.
>tel:(217) 398-0700   fax:(217) 398-0747    ianc at wolfram.com
>Wolfram Research Home Page:         http://www.wolfram.com/

I'd like to add csnb2tex, also on MathSource ( find "Smith" ), which converts
Mma notebooks to LaTeX.
It usually works better for me, because it uses fairly standard LaTeX files,
without the rather unusual formatting nb2tex uses.

IMO nb2tex works only with a minimum of effort, if one wants to simply
recreate the onescreen  Notebook, while csnb2tex is better for papers and
articles.

Lars Hohmuth
Sektion NMR
Uni Ulm