Segmentation fault under Solaris 2.5

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg2981] Segmentation fault under Solaris 2.5
  • From: Allen.Sonafrank at (Allen Sonafrank)
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 02:57:33 -0500

In the Math department here, we're running Mathematica 2.2 for Solaris
on a Sun SPARCstation 2.  We just upgraded from Solaris 2.3 to Solaris
2.5, and a new problem appeared.

Mathematica works for a user logged in to the system console.  But
when a user tried to redirect the display to a remote workstation,
the following happens:

odin# setenv DISPLAY
odin# mathematica
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Anyone have a clue as to what the problem might be?
Possible bug/patch for Solaris 2.5?

- Allen

Allen Sonafrank
College of Arts & Sciences, Box 5621    Voice:  (520) 523-8106
Northern Arizona University             Email:  allen.sonafrank at
Flagstaff, AZ  86011                    HTTP://