Re: 3d graph

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg3059] Re: 3d graph
  • From: wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 02:22:10 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <4efbed$rp7 at>,
Stephen Nichols <snichols at> wrote:
>I have what may be a very simple question but I have just
>started using Mathematica and can not figure it out.  I have
>a text file with lines of x y z values seperated by tabs, ie
>223.3	233.5	2894.0
>How do I get a 3d graph of the points?  I would appreciate any help

You want to use ScatterPlot3D, which lives in one of the standard packages.
Check out the Guide to Standard Packages book, a copy of which should
have been included with your Mathematica software.  If you don't have it
you can order it from WRI for a nominal fee.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371
		dbwagner at