M-ma speed under Windows 95

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2904] M-ma speed under Windows 95
  • From: "Maxim S. Popov" <maxim at rainbow.uchicago.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 02:17:29 -0500

I have a student version of M-ma 2.2.4, and it
runs ver slowly under Windows 95. More than that,
the interrupt button doesn't work and the memory
reading on the status bar stays the same all the
time. I conplained about it here about a month ago,
and one of the technicians told me that Wolfram
knows of the problem and is working on it, and
there would be an update shortly after the New Year.
(I did not understand if he meant an update to the
link protocol, or a new version of the FrontEnd).
  So, I called Wolfram Research two days ago, and
they told me that there was no update for the
FrontEnd; I downloaded the link protocol (mllcl16.mll)
from the web yesterday to make sure I have the latest,
but it did not make things better.
  I wonder if anyone has more information on this issue,
specifically, what update I should be looking for
(FrontEnd or link protocol), and when should I expect
it?

			Thank you very much,

						Max.

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====