Re: ParametricPlot3D

  • Subject: [mg3094] Re: ParametricPlot3D
  • From: wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: 31 Jan 1996 04:16:21 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at

In article <4ekf5b$6gj at>,
R.Hirsch <i3080501 at> wrote:
>I would like to highlight certain curves on a surface plot.
>Parametric3D does this job well, but with black lines. How
>can I get red=RGBColor[1,0,0] plots? (Setting the option
>Prolog->RGBColor[1,0,0] failed.)

I'm not sure why Prolog failed (on my example, it turned the x- and z-
axes labels red, but nothing else!), but you can always brute-force
the color directive into the Graphics3D object.  For example,

    ParametricPlot3D[{x, Sin[x], Cos[x]}, {x,0,2Pi}]

    Show[Graphics3D[{RGBColor[1,0,0],%[[1]]}, %[[2]]]]

Look at the internal form of the Graphics3D object using InputForm
to see its structure.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371