Re: Mathematica Plots -> Editing using Canvas or Illustrator ?

  • Subject: [mg2928] Re: Mathematica Plots -> Editing using Canvas or Illustrator ?
  • From: windsora at kauri.vuw.ac.nz (Alistair Windsor)
  • Date: 11 Jan 1996 09:46:11 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: mj at wri.com

    PA> Hi There, I have a complicated plot generated in mathematica
    PA> that I would like to edit (add text and other graphics) to
    PA> using a graphics program like Canvas or Adobe Illustrator on
    PA> the mac.

    PA> Is there a simple way to do this? How do I save the plot?  How
    PA> do I open it using the illustration program.  A mathematica
    PA> book that I have says that this is possible, but it doesn't
    PA> say how!

The easiest way to do this is to copy you graphic object to the clipboard. You
can then convert this as necessary and paste into the program of you choice.
Convert clipboard is an option under edit. Alternatively if you dont use a PS
printer you can convert the graphics cell itself and then C&P. This has the
advantage that by converting the "complicated" Graphics you reduce the memory
they occupy.

Al.