Re: Part

  • Subject: [mg2897] Re: Part
  • From: jorma.virtamo at (Jorma Virtamo)
  • Date: 9 Jan 1996 04:25:29 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: mj at

wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU (Dave Wagner) wrote:
>In article <4cgrsc$im4 at>,
>Hans Steffani <hans.steffani at> wrote:
>>npos is the position of the element I need.
>>does not work, as it returns the second and the first
>This same question came up a couple of weeks ago.  You want
>to use:
>	w[[Sequence @@ npos]]
>Sequence is an undocumented function that obliterates the head
>of whatever it is applied to.  In this case, it obliterates the
>List wrapper, leaving a sequence of two integers.

Alternatively, one can write without using an undocumented function:

  w[[##]]& @@ npos

-- Jorma Virtamo

Jorma Virtamo                      VTT Information Technology
phone: +358 0 456 5612             Telecommunications
fax:   +358 0 455 0115             P.O. Box 1202
email: jorma.virtamo at        FIN-02044 VTT
web:      Finland