volumes of solids of revolution

  • Subject: [mg2901] volumes of solids of revolution
  • From: ellis at ionet.net ("K. Ellis")
  • Date: 9 Jan 1996 03:58:57 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: mj at wri.com

I have studied the Mathematica manuals and I have been
unable to find how to graphically illustrate "slicing"
to find volumes of solids generated by rotating about a
line.  I am interested in helping my calculus students
visualize disk slicing and cylindrical shell slicing.

If anyone knows a URL or other reference I can use,
please let me know.

Thank you!