volumes of solids of revolution
- Subject: [mg2901] volumes of solids of revolution
- From: ellis at ionet.net ("K. Ellis")
- Date: 9 Jan 1996 03:58:57 -0600
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- Sender: mj at wri.com
I have studied the Mathematica manuals and I have been unable to find how to graphically illustrate "slicing" to find volumes of solids generated by rotating about a line. I am interested in helping my calculus students visualize disk slicing and cylindrical shell slicing. If anyone knows a URL or other reference I can use, please let me know. Thank you!