help with graphics command

  • Subject: [mg2874] help with graphics command
  • From: purswell at netplus.net (J.P. and/or Valerie Purswell)
  • Date: 2 Jan 1996 05:09:47 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at wri.com

Dear folks -

I am trying to plot a sine wave with the middle portion grayed out.  The Plot command seems
like the way to go, but I can't figure out how to get my rectangle to come out
in like a GrayLevel[0.5]. (See syntax below)  Is it possible to adjust the
shade of gray on the rectangle?  I'm working off the example on page 413 of
the mathematica book.

If it is not possible to adjust the shade used with this command, can you suggest an
 alternate way?

Plot[Sin[x]*50, {x, 0, 2Pi}, Prolog -> Rectangle[Scaled[{0.02, 0.25} ] ,
	Scaled[{1, 0.75}] ]]

Thanks in advance,

JP