  • Subject: [mg3076] Re: Two questions regarding command line interface
  • From: george at mech.seas.upenn.edu ( George Jefferson )
  • Date: 30 Jan 1996 04:26:24 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at wri.com

:1)  For some rather complicated reasons it is often convenient for me to
:be sitting at one NeXT and running mathematica in a shell window on the
:other.

Q:  Is there some better
    way to handle this?

isn't there an X emulation for the Next??

:2)  I have seen some versions of Mma on Unix-X boxes where the command
:line interface has a utility called "fep" (for "front end processor")
:which gives tcshell like abilities to recall and edit prior commands.

please, I'd like to hear more about this as well.