Re: solving PDE's

  • Subject: [mg3006] Re: solving PDE's
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: 22 Jan 1996 06:04:29 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: mj at

In article <4dngoo$fqh at>, "John P. Schneider"
<schneids at> wrote:

> I need to solve a complicated non-linear partial
> differential equation (of two variables).  Can
> Mathematica makes this easier for me, or must I
> do it the hard way with FORTRAN?

You might want to look at the book "Partial Differential
Equations with Mathematica" by Dimitri Vvedensky
(Addison-Wesley 1992). It discusses using Mathematica
to generate solutionsto non-linear PDEs.

There is a set of Mathematica The sample notebooks are available on MathSource,
Wolfram Research's electronic library of Mathematica

MathSource is accessible by email (mathsource at, by
anonymous ftp/gopher ( and by World Wide
Web (

I hope this helps.

Ian Collier
Technical Sales Support
Wolfram Research, Inc.
tel:(217) 398-0700     fax:(217) 398-0747      ianc at
Wolfram Research Home Page: