Success stories wanted

  • Subject: [mg3000] Success stories wanted
  • From: sherwood at mailhost.space.ualberta.ca (System Administrator)
  • Date: 19 Jan 1996 12:26:31 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: mj at wri.com

I am going to attempt the impossible (ok, difficult) and try to convince
the U of Alberta to get a site license for Mathematica.  To do so I
think it would help if I had tales of success stories from other
academic sites where mma made a difference.

The obvious ones for fields such as physics, and math, I can get.  I'd
like ones from other sciences, medicine, and especially from the arts.

If I can get enough departments interested, the pain isn't too bad.

I've found WRI's home page, and am going through it.  But I'm looking
for a wider scope.

Sherwood Botsford          #  sherwood at space.ualberta.ca
Physics Dept               #  403 492 5728 mornings (Math Dept)
University of Alberta      #  3713 afternoons 0714 Fax
Edmonton, AB, T6G 2J1      #  Contract Unix system admin & troubleshooting