Unix Shell Script to Determine Where Mma is Installed?
- Subject: [mg3001] Unix Shell Script to Determine Where Mma is Installed?
- From: ble at price.eecs.berkeley.edu (Brian Evans)
- Date: 19 Jan 1996 12:23:04 -0600
- Approved: email@example.com
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: University of California at Berkeley
- Sender: mj at wri.com
I am looking for a robust Unix shell script to determine where Mathematica has been installed on a Unix system. It's a matter of finding "math" on the path and extracting the value of the mathdir variable. However, I'd prefer to use a script that's already working. I searched MathSource but didn't find such a script. -- Brian L. Evans, Ph.D. Phone: (510) 643-6686 211-105 Cory Hall FAX: (510) 642-2739 Dept. of EECS E-mail: ble at eecs.berkeley.edu University of California Group WWW: http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu Berkeley, CA 94720-1772 Home WWW: http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ble --