filename construction and Unix shell command
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4442] filename construction and Unix shell command
- From: Michael Schaferkotter <schaferk at tennessee.nrlssc.navy.mil>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 03:30:41 -0400
- Organization: sverdrup technology inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
i would like to execute unix shell command from Mma:
as an argument to the command, i would like to construct various
/a/b/c/file1 /a/b/c/file2 ... et. al.
cdir = "/a/b/c/"
onefile = StringJoin[cdir,"file1"];
twofile = StringJoin[cdir,"file2"];
complaints about the evaluation of the expression onefile:
what the shell command would like is:
so how do we build the pathname and still satisfy the shell command?
ps. i tried all manner of ToCharacterCode, ToExpression, etc., that
i could think of.
m. r. schaferkotter
sverdrup technology, inc.
stennis space center, MS
schaferk at tennessee.nrlssc.navy.mil
==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
bar charts with error bars?
Previous by thread:
Dual number algebra
Next by thread:
[Q]: partial differentiation of a surface defined by data set?