Need help in evaluating software
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4464] Need help in evaluating software
- From: tcwatson at gol.com (Thomas C. Watson)
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 02:37:19 -0400
- Organization: S. E. Tech Corp.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
[Please send comments to author only and not to newsgroup. - moderator] I have finally just about convinced my company that we need a math tool more powerful than a Ticondaroga#2. Our primary business is designing components for electrical distribution systems, including radios for remote control. Several of our engineers have personal copies of either MathCAD of a stunted version of Maple. Some departments use Labview which makes us consider HiQ. The engineers who use computers for more than wordprocessing prefer macs. We want to be able to do both symbolic analysis and computations on large blocks of data. I am soliciting opinions on the pros and cons of these four packages. Mathmatica Maple MathCAD HiQ Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thomas C. Watson Incidently, we are based in Tokyo so the ability to handle two byte text will weigh in our final decision. ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====