[Q] CountorPlot as part of 3D Plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4331] [Q] CountorPlot as part of 3D Plot
  • From: "Gerd Lanfermann" <s997826 at umslvma.umsl.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 00:57:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

greetings,

problem: i want to display a 3d plot, of lets say saddle, using
Plot3D.
I also want to to include a colored contour plot of this saddle  ON THE
BOTTOM of the 3D-box, that matches the 3d plot.

So far I cannot convert a -ContourGraphics- to a -Graphics3D- object.
MMA complains about this with unknown Graphics primitive.
(I checked with the MMA archive back to Dec.95)
I appreciate any help.

Thanks
Gerd
s997826 at umslvma.umsl.edu