Mma on Solaris

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4349] Mma on Solaris
  • From: chris at omega.mit.edu (Chris)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 01:00:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everyone,
	I am fairly new to Mma, and am currently using v2.2.4 on a
Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.4. It appears that the X-windows Notebook
interface ( or perhaps MMa itself ) is very unstable in this
configuration, crashing with various memory errors and seg faults
every couple of operations ( memory overlays, double frees ... ).

Has anyone seen this type of behaviour?

I am hoping that there is some configuration issue here, so that I
might be able to stabilize the system. ( Unfortunatlly, most of
the crashes occur while trying to save :( ).

I'd be thankful for any suggestions you might have.

					Thanks alot, Chris
--
 43 Preston Dr.    Dr. Christopher Fortin  hackings just another word
Wickford R.I. 02852  chris at omega.mit.edu        for nothing left

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====