Mma on Solaris

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4349] Mma on Solaris
  • From: chris at (Chris)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 01:00:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi everyone,
	I am fairly new to Mma, and am currently using v2.2.4 on a
Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.4. It appears that the X-windows Notebook
interface ( or perhaps MMa itself ) is very unstable in this
configuration, crashing with various memory errors and seg faults
every couple of operations ( memory overlays, double frees ... ).

Has anyone seen this type of behaviour?

I am hoping that there is some configuration issue here, so that I
might be able to stabilize the system. ( Unfortunatlly, most of
the crashes occur while trying to save :( ).

I'd be thankful for any suggestions you might have.

					Thanks alot, Chris
 43 Preston Dr.    Dr. Christopher Fortin  hackings just another word
Wickford R.I. 02852  chris at        for nothing left
 (401)295 1074      to kludge