BarChart3D styles

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4337] BarChart3D styles
  • From: mek at guinan.arl.psu.edu (Mark E. Kotanchek)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 00:58:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

G'day,

I am trying to generate a _simple_ bar chart along the lines of...

BarChart3D[{{3,8},{2,8},{1,7.5},{0.5,7}},
	XSpacing -> 0.25, YSpacing -> 0.1,
	AxesEdge -> {Automatic, None, Automatic},
	Boxed -> False,
	Ticks -> {{{1,1},{2,"1.5"},{3,2.3},{4,3},{5,4}}, None, Automatic},
	ViewPoint->{2, -20, 1.0}
	];

Of course, I'm printing to a color printer and want MY results to stand out.
I'd like to do this by having the first row and second row in two different
colors. Alas, although the function browser says that I should be able to set
the style,...

  BarChart3D[list, opts] creates a three-dimensional bar
   graph of the  rectangular matrix list.
   BarChart3D[{{{z, style},...}...},opts] creates a bar
   graph with a specific style for each bar.
   BarChart3D[{{{x, y, z}, style}...}]  creates a bar
   graph of bars scattered at specific x and y coordinates
   with height z and a specific style.

I cannot figure out what form is acceptable for "style". Needless to say, I am
a bit frustrated at the moment since surveying the slew of Mma books on my
shelves (as well as a trip to the bookstore to review THOSE books) did not
resolve this issue! Someplace along the line, someone needs to document the
options for the options in Mma!

Any help would be mutch appreciated. Thanks,

Mark.
--
Dr. Mark Kotanchek
Signal Processing Dept - 363 ASB