Re: Error Bars in ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4364] Re: Error Bars in ListPlot
  • From: welter at (Jason Welter)
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 05:31:02 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <4q09du$fiu at>, jj8a at says...
>Here is a question.  I did a triplicate set of experiments (y
>axis is the experimental value which is slightly different for
>diff sets because of the error in the method).  I
>am using ListPlot to show the data points amd Plot to show the
>results of the Fitted curve.  I combine both these graphs using
>Show[plot1,plot2] command.  Perfect.  Now what I want to do is
>Plot the mean of the experimental value (y coordinates) at the same
> time show the error bars associated with each point and the
>fitted line on the same graph.  Can anybody give me a hand here

I used the same technique to plot data and their error bars.  Just add
the plot3 statement and include the multiplelistplot.m package.

plot1 = ListPlot[data,Axes->True,Prolog->AbsolutePointSize[2],
     PlotJoined->True,AxesLabel->{GPO,""},DisplayFunction -> Identity];

plot2 = Plot[Fit[data,{x,0,10}],Axes->True,Prolog->AbsolutePointSize[2],
     AxesLabel->{GPO,""},DisplayFunction -> Identity];

plot3 = ErrorListPlot[Map[Append[#,error]&,data],
     DisplayFunction -> Identity,AxesLabel->{GPO,""}];
a = Show[plot1,plot2,plot3];