Stieltjes Integrals in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4192] Stieltjes Integrals in Mathematica?
  • From: sfpse at (Russell Brunelle)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 23:09:14 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi.  How can I compute Stieltjes integrals with Mathematica?  I'm much
more concerned with the quality of the quadrature than with symbolic
results, as the input functions will be complete arbitrary messes as it

Here's a bit of background on why I want to do this, which I posted
recently to sci.stat.math.  However, as Mathematica is my main tool, I'd
be most happy if I could accomplish this in Mathematica.  I'd also be
happy if anyone could refer me to a textbook which details how quadrature
is performed on Stieltjes integrals.

Any help which anyone could provide would be deeply appreciated.

Russell D. Brunelle             |  Lab Ph.:  (206) 685-4343
University of Washington        |  Fax:      (206) 685-3072
Industrial Engineering          |  Home Ph.: (206) 526-5328
Box 352650                      |  E-Mail:   sfpse at
Seattle, WA 98195-2650          |