repetitive complex operation

I evaluate one time a complex operation in mathematica,
and then I use some amount of resources (CPU% and Memory%);
I want evaluate many times the same routine but diferent arguments,
then I use a Do or Table Command, and the amount of resources is
very large!, like a "parallel" procesing of all routines,
while I want to "serial" processing, that consume not much resource
and large time of processing.
What can I do to get the effect of "serial" processing inestead of
effect of "parallel" procesing?
thanks in advance!!!!
Edgar Camacho Cota

Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico.
Direccion General de Computo Academico.