Kernel "Local" has lost connection

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg3976] Kernel "Local" has lost connection
  • From: anne at (Anneliese Lilje)
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 01:48:41 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

  WE are running a SPARCstation I and 10 with Solaris 2.5. Sometimes
when using Mathematica (with the X Windows front end) we get the
following message:

The kernel "Local" has lost its connection to the license server.

We have tried to see if we can reproduce this error...we can't seem
to on demand...but it seems to happen only when interacting with the
kernel. Could this be a problem involving the MathLink package?
Has anyone else experienced similar problems???

Anne Lilje
Campus Computing Organization