AxesLabels question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3987] AxesLabels question
  • From: "[31mThe Brewer [37m" <jj8a at faraday.clas.virginia.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 02:12:17 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to show a ListPlot and a Plot output on he same
graph.  The following code does it.  But when I try to put
labels on the axes the labels dont show up.

fig1=Plot[ans[x],{x,0,2},
		 	  Frame->True, Axes->False,
         	          AspectRatio->1, PlotRange->All,
	 	 	  PlotLabel->pltxt2,
                          DisplayFunction->Identity];
fig2=ListPlot[data,
 	 	          Frame->True, Axes->False,
                          AspectRatio->1, PlotRange->All,
	 	 	  DisplayFunction->Identity];

Show[fig1,fig2,DisplayFunction->$DisplayFunctionn]

This part works.

I then tried the following:

xlab=FontForm[ ToString[Concentration  mM],{"Helvetica",12}]

ylab=FontForm[ ToString[Relaxation Rate  s Superscript[-1]]
				,{"Helvetica",12}]

and added AxesLabel->{xlab.ylab} as an option to the plot
commnad.  But the labels dont show up on the resulting graph.
Can someone help me out here.

Also can someone tell me how to chenge the font of the values
on the axes.

Thanks
Jason

--