Re: How to find path to running notebook on a mac ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4062] Re: [mg4010] How to find path to running notebook on a mac ?
  • From: Ralheid at aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 02:49:48 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

a_kowald.... writes

>Hi
>I'm using Mathematica 2.2 on a mac running 7.5.1 and I have >the following
problem:
>I'm starting Mma by double clicking on a notebook. How can I >now find out
the
>directory where that notebook lies ?
>HomeDirectory gives only the path to the Mathematica >program itself, not to
the
>notebook.

    It seems that you know the location of the notebook because you double
click it to open it.
    There should be a utility with 7.5.1 called "Find File" ( look under the
Apple menu at extreme top left of screen). Double click "Find File", after it
opens, type in the notebook's title. When "Find File" lists the notebooks
name, you can highlight the file. The path will be shown. If you want to type
the directory it will be of the form (For instance)

 "Macintosh HD:Mathematic:Stuff:Notebook"

where each colon separate each folder in the path.

I hope this makes sense to you.

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====