Help on a function (or a program really)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3890] Help on a function (or a program really)
  • From: James William Stepanek <buzzard+ at CMU.EDU>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 23:22:37 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I need to write a program which does an iterative calculation, but holed
over a value to use for an initial extimate.
So far I have two functions and a table command. I think there should
suffice, but the program is not cooperating. COuld someone tell me where
I've gone wrong?

Clear[denr];
denR[c]:= (V:=v;
R=2*Pi*((G/(-(m*(V*c*p/Df)+-(V*(dH+cp*dT0))/(2*a*cp)))^.5));
{R}
)

Clear[Vel];
Vel[c]:=(R:=denR;
v= (4*Pi^2*Df*G)/(R^2*dT0*k);
{v})

S:=0.007
V:=0.01
hooks:=Table[Vel[c],{c,0.001,0.05,0.0001}]

All of the variables except V,v,R, and c are specified beforehand. I
have no idea why this is not working. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I really don't want to have to dig out Pascal (the laguage,
not the dead mathematician ;) ).
James Stepanek               NRA,SAF                       Graduate Student
Materials Science and Engineering                Carnegie Mellon University
God created mankind, Samuel Colt made them equal.
Thank God I'm an atheist.
These opinions are mine alone, others can find their own.

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====