Re: Aligning Graphs in GraphicsArray

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3910] Re: Aligning Graphs in GraphicsArray
  • From: roth at sunny.mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de (Arnd Roth)
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 23:12:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4m1hki$pq4 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>
Dirk Kautz <kautz at tyto.bio2.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> Hi, does anybody know how to align the y-axes of plots with ticks of different
> width in a GraphicsArray ?
>
> In this simple example:
>
> Show[GraphicsArray[{{Plot[x,{x,0,100}]},{Plot[100 x,{x,0,100}]}}]]
>
> Y-Axes don't align.

To my knowledge there is no regular solution to this problem. I
often encounter it, and it doesn't bother me personally, but
my boss certainly doesn't like the feature... So when I prepare
'final' figures I usually copy them to the clipboard and save
them in Adobe Illustrator Format (I'm on a Macintosh) and
read the resulting file into Canvas 3.5.3 for post-processing.

It is obviously one of the aspects of Mathematica graphics that
should be improved.

Arnd

Arnd Roth
Abteilung Zellphysiologie
Max-Planck-Insitut fuer Medizinische Forschung
Postfach 10 38 20, D-69028 Heidelberg, Germany
http://sunny.mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de/people/roth/ArndRoth.html

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====