Re: [Q] How to read (and analyze) .WAV files?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5128] Re: [mg5012] [Q] How to read (and analyze) .WAV files?
- From: Mark James <mrj at cs.usyd.edu.au>
- Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 01:32:46 -0500
- Organization: The University of Sydney
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've had success by using a program to convert the sound to a raw form and then using the function: Since I don't think ReadList has a double-byte option, to read a 16-bit sound file one may have to manually combine adjacent list elements. If you can't convert to a RAW, you may have to interpret or skip the WAV file header. -- Mark James |EMAIL : mrj at cs.usyd.edu.au| Basser Department of Computer Science, F09 |PHONE : +61-2-351-3423 | The University of Sydney NSW 2006 AUSTRALIA |FAX : +61-2-351-3838 | ================- WEB: http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~mrj -=================