  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5164] Re: [mg5094] 3.0 = Rip Roaring Resource Hog :-(
  • From: snichols at onramp.net (Stephen Nichols)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 01:34:21 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This is exactly the reasion I switched to Matlab.  When I tried to use
MMA for data sets over a few thousand elements it just could not deal
with them.  It locked up, took hours to process, crashed and was in
general useless.  Not only that but I found that dealing with a matrix
in MMA is to me a major pain.  I tried matlab and it sucked up
thousand element structures with out a peep.

Stephen Nichols