Re: Problem with QuicKeys & Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5160] Re: [mg5112] Problem with QuicKeys & Mathematica
  • From: xah at best.com (Xah Lee)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 01:34:05 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 10:04 PM 96/10/30, Gustavo A. Delfino wrote:
>Hi, I noticed a problem with the cursor in QuicKeys. It happens only when I
>am running Mathematica 2.2, Mathmatica 3.0b2 or MathReader. The cursor
>alternates between the clock and the arrow at about 5 times per second. Is
>anybody else using QuicKeys with Mathematica? I want to know if it is
>something in my Mac or a problem between Mathematica and QuicKeys.

Why does it alternate between the clock and arrow? Were you running a
script? Does this happen in other programs?

I may have a similar problem, but I have not associated it with mma or qk.
Here's my situation. About three times a day I'll notice that my cusor will
move side to side or up and down about 5 times per second, and this lasts
about one or two second, then one second rest, totaling of about 3 busts
whenever it happens. Of course nothing is moving my mouse and I'm fairly
sure my mouse or keyboard isn't defective. Apple told me it is POSSIBLE it
is a CPU hardware problem, but they have not heard it before.

I always have my QuickKey 2.1.3 installed. I had this problem on my
PowerMac 7500/100 since I bought it in Jan.

 Xah
 xah at best.com; 74631.731 at compuserve.com
 http://www.best.com/~xah/SpecialPlaneCurves_dir/specialPlaneCurves.html
 Mountain View, CA, USA