Differential equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4923] Differential equations
  • From: Ferruccio Renzoni <renzoni at fstgal03.tu-graz.ac.at>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 00:17:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mma users,
I hace a sistem of differential equations that I would like to solve with
NDSolve.
Being the number of differential equation quite high, the sistem crashes
"out of memory". I am sure that the problem is the number of diff. eqs.
because I can control it with a parameter and for a reasonable number the
system does not crash.
The fact is that I am not interested in all the functions yi[x], but only in
few ones, so I would like to drop the functions where they are not needed any
longer (this of course is possible because for the numerical integration of
differential equations one does not need to know the complete "history" of
the functions).
But how can I do?
Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Ferruccio Renzoni