Setup for maintaining multiple platforms
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5071] Setup for maintaining multiple platforms
- From: sherwood at mailhost.space.ualberta.ca (Sherwood Botsford)
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 22:48:15 -0400
- Organization: University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mathematica 2.2 is rather sloppy about it's install proceedure, and seems to leave a bunch of crud lying around. I have users with mma on several different platforms. For other packages, such as Maple, I do it like this: /share/maple/bin.hpux9 But on mma, it's not clear to me which directories are architecture specific, which are not, and what stuff you can blow away after the install. If you've done this, drop me a line. *** If there are readers from wolfram, specific complaints: 1. Mathpass is installed in whatever/math/Install 2. Mathraw is left behind. 3. There are executables in *eight* subdirectories. 4. No provision is made for installing multiple architectures in parallel. -- Sherwood Botsford |Unsolicited email that advertises commercial Physics Dept |activities will consitute a request for U of Alberta |spellchecking of all words of less than three Edmonton, AB, |characters. I charge $US500 for this service. T6G 2J1 |There is no warranty of correctness of this service.