Re: Module and Block in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5060] Re: [mg4997] Module and Block in Mathematica
  • From: yokoi at skk.is.tohoku.ac.jp (Yokoi Takahisa)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 22:48:03 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At  0:41 96/10/17 -0400, James R Gutman wrote:
R Gutman>I want mathematica to let me use
R Gutman>the Block and Module commands with
R Gutman>variables that are of the form u[t],
R Gutman>where t can take on various positive
R Gutman>integer values.  When I try to do this,
R Gutman>mathematica tells me it isn't a
R Gutman>symbol or an assignment to a symbol.
R Gutman>What to do?

I'm not sure weather I have fully understood your problem or not.

But try "Module[ { u, t }, ..."
instead of "Module[ { u[t] }, ...".

Just as,
In[25]:=
Out[25]=

In[26]:=
Out[26]=

P.S.
Gutman, why don't use Wolfram's Technical Support?
Their response is quick and precise.
E-mail address is:

*  Yokoi Takahisa <yokoi at skk.is.tohoku.ac.jp>
**  Graduate School of Information Science,
***  Tohoku Univ. <Tonpei>, Sendai, Japan