Re: functional code

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4895] Re: functional code
  • From: Clemens Frey <Clemens.Frey at>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 00:17:34 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Xah Lee wrote:
> Some timing comparisons on elementary issues.

Dear Xah,
I don't know exactly what you intend with these code fragments, and I
was not
able to test the Timing for the following, but why don't you use just
the Table-
function ? Or try this:

n = 5000;
li = {};
a5 = Nest[ (li = Flatten[{li,#}])&, 0, n] // Flatten // Timing;

As mentioned above, I could not test this, so if it's foo code, forget
Let me know what you think about it.

Clemens Frey
(-: Clemens.Frey at :-)