  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4899] Re: About EPS GRAPHIC'S FORMAT
  • From: george at ( George Jefferson )
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 00:17:37 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

:>Hello, I have a problem with the graphics generated by Mathematica 2.2 for
:>I should be able to copy and paste these graphics in some "drawing" software
:>for Windows, to make some retouchings. The problem is that Windows takes the
:>copied graphics as Bipmap format, and it appears pretty less pleasing when
:>the document is printed.

one route is to convert to eps with preview format, then *some*
graphics applications can import and allow you to draw over
(but not edit) the figure.  This has the advantage of printing
the figure precisely as intended by the creating program.

I know how to do this with a combination of unix and mac softawre,
but I'm sure theres a PC route as well..