Re: Plotting 3D Conics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4941] Re: [mg4912] Plotting 3D Conics
  • From: Xah Lee <xah at best.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 02:02:11 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
> Subject: [mg4912] Plotting 3D Conics
>
> Could anyone help me out with the following
>
> I want to plot a 3D conic in Mathematica v2.0 (NeXT) - how do I do it?

The web page

http://www.best.com/~xah/SpecialPlaneCurves_dir/ConicSections_dir/conicSections.html

contain many notebooks that plots various styles of sliced cone with
Dandelin spheres.

If all you want is a simple graphics of a cone, then you can use
Shapes.m that comes with your Mathematica.

 Xah
 xah at best.com; 74631.731 at compuserve.com
 http://www.best.com/~xah/SpecialPlaneCurves_dir/specialPlaneCurves.html
 Mountain View, CA, USA