integer linear programming (was:Re: Re: quadratic programming)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6924] integer linear programming (was:Re: [mg6883] Re: quadratic programming)
  • From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:00:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Ernesto Mottola wrote:

> > Is there an Mma Notebook or routine that solves quadratric programming
> > problems?
>
> I haven't heard of anything like that, but can you tell me if you know
> someone who has accomplished a linear integer programming with MMA?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Ernesto Mottola
> University of Rome
> Tor Vergata

Two references for integer linear programming in Mathematica are:

Korsan, Robert. 1993. Mixed-integer linear programming. The Mathematica
Journal 3(2): 48-51.

Bulmer, Michael, and Carter, Michael. 1996. Integer programming with
Mathematica. The Mathematica Journal 6(3): 28-36.

The first article discusses implementation of the branch-and-bound
method in Mathematica. The second uses cutting planes.

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research
danl at wolfram.com