Display error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6952] Display error
  • From: Peter Buttgereit <Buttgereit at compuserve.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 22:25:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup,
I have the following problem with Display[ ]:
I want to save a well Show[ ]ing graphic with Display[ ], trying different
export types such as "Metafile", "TIFF", "EPS".
The kernel always hangs with the error message:
Graphics::"optx": "Unknown option AxesFront in "Options[Graphics]."
What's that? I didn't a string like that in any of my notebooks or
packages...
Moreover - I _can_ export the graphic with the context menu Save Selection
As...
But this produces less quality and is inconvenient.
Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

PS: The graphic files data set is quite big: about 2*10^4 Point or Line
objects are involved.