Converting notebooks to 3.0 on OpenStep for Intel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6572] Converting notebooks to 3.0 on OpenStep for Intel
  • From: elsner at avalon.msfc.nasa.gov (Ron Elsner)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 02:11:26 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

We recently upgraded to Mma 3.0.  When I open a 2.2 notebook in 3.0,
it tries to convert the notebook to 3.0 but seems to find a syntax
error at some large line number.  Then it tries to open the file as
text only, promising to highlight the error, but then seems to hang.
Perhaps I am too impatient to let it finish this last step, which
seems to take forever.  Is this a common problem?  Is there a fix?

We are running OpenStep on Intel Pentium Pros.

--Ron Elsner
ES 84, NASA MSFC
Hunstville, AL 35812